At Up Česká republika s.r.o., ID No.: 62913671 (hereinafter referred to as “we”), we pay great attention to personal data protection. In this document, you will find information about what personal data we process about users of our website, whether we process the data on the basis of your consent or other legal grounds, about the purpose for which we use them, to whom we can transfer them, and what your rights are in connection with the processing of your personal data.
A) What personal data do we process?
We process the following personal data:
- Contact data in the event you use the contact form on our website, which includes personal information that allows us to contact you, in particular, your e-mail address, telephone number, mailing address, invoicing address, and your contact details on social networks;
- Your settings, which means information in your account, in particular the addresses and profiles saved, newsletter settings, loyalty programme membership, shopping lists, products followed (known as watchdogs), your product and service reviews, and any questionnaires completed;
- Information about your conduct on our website, including cases when you view it via our mobile application; in particular, about the goods and services you display, the links on which you click, the way you more around our website and scroll your screen, and also information about the device from which you view our website, such as its IP address and the location derived therefrom, identification of the device, its technical parameters, such as the operating system and its version, screen resolution, browser used and its version, and also information obtained from cookie files and similar technologies for device identification.
B) Why do we process personal data and what gives us the right to do so?
In the course of our operations, we process personal data for various purposes and to varying extents, either:
- without your consent, on the basis of our legitimate interest or in order to fulfill a legal obligation; or
- on the basis of your consent.
C) Use of cookie files and other technologies
When you visit our website, you save in your device, and subsequently retrieve from it, small files called cookies. A cookie is a small file comprised of letters, numbers, and characters that we save in your internet browser or on your computer’s hard disk. Some cookies enable us to link your activities while browsing our website, from the time you open your web browser window until you close it. When you close your internet browser window, the cookies are deleted. Others are retained in your device for a set time and are activated every time you visit the website that created the particular cookie. We not only save cookies on your device, but we also retrieve the cookies placed by our website in your device. For the sake of simplicity, we will only talk about saving, from this point of the document on.
Some cookies are stored in your device directly by our website. Such cookies help us:
- identify you, when you switch between pages of our website and, on your next visit, for example, in order that we can remember your log-in from a specific device and not ask you for your e-mail and password again, or in order for us to save the version of our website we are supposed to display to you, if there are several options on our website at any one time;
- note that you have given us consent in line with this document;
- ensure security, for example, to detect that someone has abused your connection to our website and is acting in your stead;
- record, examine, remedy faults, and remove dysfunctional parts of our website.
Such cookies and other files are required for the functioning of our website. If you block these cookies in your browser our website may not function correctly, and we may not be able to provide our products and services to you.
Furthermore, we can do the following with your device:
- Save cookies from our website that allow us to:
- monitor the number of visitors on our website and on each individual page of the website, generate statistics and overviews, and measure the effectiveness of advertising;
- display to you various variants of our website when testing new functionalities;
- customise the contents of our website for you.
- We allow the saving of third-party cookies that can use them:
- for collecting information about your behaviour on our website and on other websites;
- to display customised offers and targeted advertising in advertising networks on websites other than ours.
If you do not turn off the saving of cookies and you continue to use our website after we have issued a warning (e.g., you click on a link, etc.), we will assume that you agree to their use. You can withdraw your consent by turning these functions off in your internet browser.
Information about your behaviour on the web is not obtained merely from cookies. We supplement them with the following information:
- IP address of your device (address of your device which you use to communicate with other devices in the internet network);
- MAC address (address of the device through which you communicate with other devices in the local network);
- Operating system on your device, its version, and language settings;
- The browser used on your device, its version, and language settings;
- The website address (URL address) from which you come to our website.
Do you wish to block cookies files?
If you do not wish to accept the use of cookie files, you can set up your browser such that it will not accept cookie files. You can also set your browser up so as to allow you to choose whether you wish to accept cookies or not in each individual case. In that case, whenever a server wishes to save a cookie file in your computer, a dialogue window will pop us asking whether you wish to accept the cookie file.
For more information, see the AboutCookies.org website that provides extensive information about administering cookie files in most browsers.
Please note that if you decide not to accept cookies from Up Česká republika companies, we cannot guarantee proper functioning and satisfactory performance of all pages of our website.
D) Use of personal data of visitors to our website
E) If you communicate with us through diverse channels
If you communicate with us via different channels, in particular through e-mail, chat tools, and social networks, we will process your identification and contact details and records of the communication that has taken place on the basis of our legitimate interest (i.e., without your consent) for the purpose of:
- internal administrative needs and records, in particular to handle all your requirements; the legitimate interest here is the provision of customer support;
- creating statistics; our legitimate interest here is keeping track of your requests in order to see whether we are performing in a due and timely fashion, and to improve our services;
For these purposes, we retain personal data for the duration of the limitations period, including the period covering its potential staying or interruption, but typically no longer than 16 (sixteen) years after our communication. You have the right to object to processing on the basis of our legitimate interest.
F) Who processes your data and to whom do we transfer them?
We process all the personal data mentioned as the controller. That means that we set the purposes specified above for which we collect your personal data, determine the means of processing, and are responsible for their due execution.
We use the services of processors for the processing of personal data, which only process personal data in line with our instructions and for the purposes designated for us. Such processors are:
a) providers of cloud services and other suppliers of technologies and support;
b) operators of marketing tools, such as Google in the Google Analytics service that help us optimise our website and personalise the contents of the website and offers for you;
c) providers of communication and chat tools, in the event that they process personal data for the intermediation of our communication with you.
G) From what sources do we obtain personal data?
In most cases, we process the personal data you provide us when you set up and use your account or when you communicate with us. We also obtain personal data directly from you by tracing your behaviour on our website and when you read messages.
If we enter into an agreement, we can receive additional data about your order in connection with the performance of the agreement, from banks or our partners operating payment systems, such as information about your account number or successful execution of a payment.
H) Transfer of data outside of the EU
In transferring data to our processors, we can transfer your data to third countries outside of the European Economic Area, which do not ensure an adequate level of personal data protection. All such transfers shall be effected only if the processor concerned undertakes to adhere to standards and contractual clauses issued by the European Commission.
I) What rights do you have in the processing of public data?
Just as we have our rights and obligations in the processing of your data, you, too, have certain rights in the processing of your data. Those rights include:
Right of access
Simply put, you have the right to know the data we process with respect to you, for what purpose, for how long, where we obtain your personal data, to whom we transfer them, who aside from us processes them, and what other rights you have in connection with the processing of your personal data. If you are not certain what personal data we process about you, you can ask us for a confirmation whether the personal data pertaining to you is or is not processed by us and, if so, you are entitled to gain access to that personal data. As a part of your right of access, you can ask for a copy of the personal data processed; we will give you the first copy free of charge and any additional copies subject to a fee.
Right to rectification
Should you ascertain that the personal data we process with respect to you is imprecise or incomplete, you are entitled to have them corrected or supplemented by us without undue delay.
Right to erasure
In certain cases, you have the right to have your personal data deleted by us. We will delete your personal data without undue delay, if any of the following reasons is present:
- we no longer need your personal data for the purposes for which we have been processing them;
- you withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data and it concerns data the processing of which requires your consent and, at the same time, we have no other reason for which we need to continue to process your data;
- you exercise your right to object to the processing of personal data we process on the basis of our legitimate interest and we find that we no longer have any legitimate interests that would justify such processing; or
- you are of the opinion that our processing of personal data is no longer in line with generally binding legislation.
Please remember that, even if one of the reasons exists, it does not mean that we will immediately delete all your personal data. This right will not apply in the event that the processing of your personal data continues to be necessary for the fulfilment of our legal obligation or for the establishment, exercise, or defence of our legal claims.
Right to restriction of processing
In addition to the right to deletion, you can, in certain cases, exercise your right to restricting the processing of your personal data. This right enables you to demand, in certain cases, that your personal data is marked and that it is not subject to any further processing operations – in this case, not forever (as is the case of the right to deletion) but for a limited period of time. We are obliged to restrict personal data processing in the following cases:
- you deny the accuracy of personal data, before we agree what data is correct;
- we process your personal data without sufficient legal grounds (e.g., in excess of what we must process) but you prefer a restriction of processing to complete deletion of such data (e.g., if you expect to disclose such data to us anyway in the future);
- we no longer need your personal data for the purposes of processing mentioned above, but you demand them for the establishment, exercise, or defence of your legal claims; or
- you object to their processing. The right to object is detailed below in the chapter “Right to object to processing”). For the time it takes us to investigate whether your objection is justified, we are obliged to restrict the processing of your personal data.
Right to portability
You are entitled to receive from us all of your personal data that you have provided to us and that we process on the basis of your consent and on the basis of the performance of an agreement. We will provide your personal data to you in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format. In order for us to be able to easily transfer data at your request, this can only be data that we process by automated means in our electronic databases.
Right to object to processing
You are entitled to object to the processing of your personal data which is based on our legitimate interest. In the event of marketing activities, we will stop processing your personal data automatically; in other cases, we will do so if we do not have serious legitimate reasons to carry on with such processing.
Right to lodge a complaint
Exercise of the rights in the manner specified above in no way prejudices your right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority. In particular, you can exercise this right if you think that we process your personal data without justification or in violation of generally applicable legislation. You can lodge a complaint against our processing of your personal data with the Office for Personal Data Protection, which is situated at Pplk. Sochora 27, 170 00 Prague 7.
J) How to exercise your rights?
In all matters related to the processing of your personal data, whether it be an inquiry, exercise of a right, lodging a complaint, or anything else, you can approach our customer centre. Our current contact information is
- E-mail: email@example.com;
- Mailing address: Up Česká republika s.r.o., Customer Care Department, Zelený pruh 1560/99, 140 00 Prague 4
We will attend to your request without undue delay, but in any event within one month. In exceptional cases, in particular, if your request is more complex, we are entitled to extend the resolution period by a further two months. We will of course inform you of any such extension and give you reasons for it.
K) Data protection officer
In addition to the customer centre, our data protection officer is available to you in all matters related to the processing of your personal data. The officer may be contacted by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.